POST TIME: 2 August, 2017 00:00 00 AM
Mother, son electrocuted
Our Correspondent, Tangail

Mother, son electrocuted

A woman and her son were electrocuted in Bhuapur of Tangail district yesterday.

The deceased were identified as Shirine Akhter, 35, wife of Fazlul Hoque of village Agterilla in Bhuapur upazila of Tangail and her son Selim, 7.

Officer-in-charge of Bhuapur police station AKM Kawser Chowdhury said Selim went to a pond for taking bath at noon and came in contact with a live electric wire. As his mother came to help Selim, she also got electrocuted. After taking to a local hospital, doctors declared them dead.