Sunday 31 May 2020 ,
Sunday 31 May 2020 ,
Latest News
  • Coronavirus Bangladesh: Highest 40 deaths, 2545 new cases in 24 hrs
  • Coronavirus Bangladesh: Total cases rise to 47,153; death toll jumps to 650
  • 82.87pc pass, 1,35,898 GPA-5 in SSC, equivalent exams
  • Educational institutions not reopening now: PM
  • Govt increases bus fares by 60 pc
  • Rajshahi board tops in SSC results
  • Coronavirus Hotline Numbers: 01944333222, 16263, 333; website: www.corona.gov.bd
29 March, 2020 12:21:50 PM
Print

Juventus, Ronaldo agree to forgo 90M euros in wages

Independent Online\ AP
Juventus, Ronaldo agree to forgo 90M euros in wages

Cristiano Ronaldo and his Juventus teammates along with coach Maurizio Sarri agreed to forgo 90 million euros ($100 million) in wages on Saturday to help the club during the coronavirus crisis.

The club said the money amounted to four months worth of wages, a third of players' salaries.

The first agreement of its kind in Serie A since the play was halted three weeks ago means Ronaldo, the highest-paid player in the Italian league, will give up 10 million euros (more than $11 million).

Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini, who has an economics degree, led the negotiations with the club and fellow players.

"Should the current season's matches be rescheduled, the club will negotiate in good faith with the players and the coach conditional increases of compensations according to the actual resumption and finalization of official competitions," Juventus said.

Aiming for a record-extending ninth straight Serie A title, Juventus leads the standings by one point from Lazio.

"Juventus would like to thank the players and the coach for their commitment at a difficult time for everyone," the club concluded.

All sports in Italy have been suspended under a nationwide lockdown through April 3 but health experts have said they need to try to contain the COVID-19 will likely last weeks beyond that. League officials have discussed resuming Serie A in May.

Three Juventus players -- Daniele Rugani, Blaise Matuidi, and Paulo Dybala -- have tested positive for COVID-19.

Overall, Italy has nearly 100,000 positive cases and days ago surpassed the total of China, where the outbreak began in early 2020.

Earlier this month, the Agnelli family that controls Juventus donated 10 million euros in relief funds to Italy's civil protection agency.

TH

Comments

Video

Copyright © All right reserved.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman

Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman
Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
....................................................
About Us
....................................................
Contact Us
....................................................
Advertisement
....................................................
Subscription

Powered by : Frog Hosting