Thursday 20 September 2018 ,
Thursday 20 September 2018 ,
Latest News
  • Pakistan court releases ex-PM Nawaz Sharif, daughter
  • Govt firmly believes in freedom of press: PM
  • RMG workers to stage demo on Sept 21
  • Malaysia ex-PM arrested over $628 mn linked to 1MDB
  • BNP getting ready to launch street agitations: Moudud
  • HC to hear Shahidul’s bail plea 'Sunday'
12 October, 2017 03:16:19 PM
Print

Stokes dropped by New Balance

Apologises to disabled boy
Independent Online Desk
Stokes dropped by New Balance

England cricketer Ben Stokes has lost his sponsorship contract with sportswear giant New Balance following his arrest outside a nightclub which also left his Ashes series in doubt. 

Stokes, who was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm, also issued an apology after video emerged of him mimicking the disabled son of British celebrity Katie Price. 

American firm New Balance said it "does not condone" behaviour by Stokes, who is also believed to be the subject of a damning video showing a man throwing multiple punches outside the Bristol nightspot. 

"New Balance does not condone behaviour by our global athletes that does not match our brand culture and values, and therefore we have ended our relationship with Ben Stokes, effective October 11, 2017," the company said, in a statement which was widely reported by British media. 

The talismanic all-rounder's career has been plunged into turmoil following his arrest last month, which prompted his suspension until further notice by the England and Wales Cricket Board. 

No final decision has been taken on whether the Test vice-captain will play the Ashes series in Australia but he will not travel with the other players on October 28, the ECB has said. 

Separately, the embattled Stokes posted an apology on Twitter after his mocking impersonation of a TV appearance by 15-year-old Harvey Price, who suffers from a genetic disorder, drew strong condemnation. 

"I should never have done this and I am so sorry," Stokes wrote. "It was absolutely not my intention to offend Harvey, Katie or anybody else... I do hope I can put this right."AFP.

KK

Comments

Poll
Today's Question »
The PMO has issued a notification directing compulsory use of Biman for air trips of officials at govt expense. Do you support the move?
 Yes
 No
 No Comment
Yes 60.0%
No 40.0%
No Comment 0.0%
Video
More Sports Stories
‘Take care’, PM asks Tamim over phone   Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday phoned Bangladesh's dashing batsman injured Tamim Iqbal and asked him to take good care of his health.reports UNB. The Prime Minister phoned the opener of the national cricket team at…

Copyright © All right reserved.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman

Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman
Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
....................................................
About Us
....................................................
Contact Us
....................................................
Advertisement
....................................................
Subscription

Powered by : Frog Hosting