logo
POST TIME: 24 March, 2019 00:00 00 AM
Fire at SUST hall
Correspondent, Sylhet

Fire at SUST hall

A fire broke out at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology on Friday at 11pm.

Resident students said, “The incident took place at the hall’s A-Bloc. The firefighters of Sylhet Fire Service station rushed to the spot and doused the blaze”. Students of the hall expressed their anger as none of the university administration visited the hall.  Sylhet fire service station officer Shimul Mohammad Rafi said “The fire broke out from out side of the hall”.

The provost of the hall professor Dr SM Hasan Jakirul Islam said “after hearing the news I tried to contact with police, fire-service and gas offices but I could not reach no of them over the phone.”