POST TIME: 12 September, 2018 00:00 00 AM
Fire breaks out at medicine factory
Our Correspondent, Rajshahi

Fire breaks out
at medicine

A fire that broke out at a medicine factory gutted a generator and electric machineries in the city yesterday. It also damaged electronics tools. The extent of loss could not be ascertained immediately, said the affected factory authorities. The incident took place at around 11:30 am at the KEMIKO Pharmaceutical Limited Factory at the city's Tikapara area. Nuril Islam, senior station officer of Rajshahi Fire Service, said after hearing the news they rushed to the spot with three units and doused the fire after an hour frantic efforts.  

 “Electrical short circuit and generator error might be caused behind the fire, however; no casualties have been reported”, Nuril Islam, added. Aminul Haque, assistant manager (Coordination) of the KEMIKO Pharmaceutical Limited Factory , said that no one was inside the factory when the incident took place.

However; after seeing the fire and flame, panicked workers and office staffs were able to out from the building rapidly by fire exit way and informed fire brigade officials. That is why; no one was injured in this incident, he added.