logo
POST TIME: 4 September, 2018 00:00 00 AM
BCB chief approves Sabbir ban
Sports Reporter

BCB chief approves Sabbir ban

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan Papon approved the six-month suspension of Sabbir Hossain Rumman from international cricket what BCB Disciplinary Committee had earlier recommended for the rowdy batsman for abusing a fan on facebook.

BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury made the revelation to media at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

“The board president has given his approval to the recommendation of the BCB disciplinary committee what they proposed for Sabbir Rahman for his facebook rant,” said Nizamuddin Chowdhury.

“That meant the suspension will be come into effect from September 1,” Chowdhury told reporters.

The latest episode on facebook was happened in Caribbean Islands just after the loss of the second match of the three-match ODI series while Bangladesh team was touring in West Indies for a full-fledged tour.

BCB slapped a six-month domestic bar on Sabbir along with staggering pecuniary fine for the disciplinary breaches including women’s scandal and lambasting minor fan at domestic leagues.

He also dropped out of the central contract of the board for his rowdy behaviour one after another.  

As soon as ending his last suspension, Sabbir yet again fell into another six-month suspension from international cricket, meaning that he will miss the next back-to-back home series against Zimbabwe and the West Indies in between October and November after dropping out of the Asia Cup squad.